Things you might not know about me
I wrote this blog post in 2016 and I thought it would be a nice time to re-share it. I find that so many of you might have an idea of who you think I am and what I am like, but you most likely don’t know at all. The biggest thing for me, is that you need to separate me from all you know about influencers, because I consider myself a ‘blogger’, not ‘influencer’, because I started my blog long before the word ‘influencer’ and ‘instagram’ were created. I am mum first, and all else second and I don’t consider myself ‘famous or any sort of ‘grade’ just because I have a following on instagram and have been in this industry for almost ten years, I just see me as me.
Those that are new to WWKD probably don’t understand the relevance of Karl and me, which I completely understand because when I first started this blog 9 years ago, I would dress super edgy and Karl-like (gloves, sequins, over the top costume like clothing) but now I am more tame, just a fashion-mum. I am was actually considering a blog name change but this is where I stared and a lot of the world (Especially international, know me as WWKD).
Enough blah, here are 25 things you didn’t know about me, well, I hope you didn’t know, chicks these days are excellent stalkers on social media! (me included #watchout)
- My maiden name is Carmellotti (Jessica Ann Carmellotti)
- My close family and friends call me Jessie
- I don’t drink alcohol, if I do it is just one or two, I don’t need to drink to have fun and I prefer to drive myself home.
- I had an eyebrow ring in my left eyebrow.
- I grew up in the Western suburbs and moved to the East when I was married.
- I lived at home until I was married.
- I was engaged at 24, married at 25 and had Aston at 28, Will at 30
- My favourite foods are: Furry Friends, figs, anything Greek and Lebanese, gnocchi, prosciutto and sponge cake.
- I went through a heavy metal stage when I was younger and was obsessed with Korn, Slipknot, Crazy Town and met them all (stalked them during big day out) and I went to a party with Crazy Town while they were in Melbourne and I became friends with DJ AM and when he was engaged to Nicole Richie, I emailed him magazine clippings of them together so he could see the press he was getting in Aus and he couldn’t believe it. I still listen to Linkin Park, Hooberstank and a few others in my car on long drives.
- I am a Cancerian and love to be at home, I am sentimental and prefer to travel to the same places I have already been to but mostly Noosa.
- I am scared of jelly fish, spiders, dying, some heights and horses
- I have been to Malta three times to see my mum’s relatives.
- I go for the Western Bulldogs, Josh’s dad was a champion of the game, however I was a supporter before we met.
- I own four Chanel jackets and hardly wear them, but I do wear one annually on my birthday. I really need a daughter to give them to dont I?
- I suffered post natal anxiety after all three children, it has been and up and down battle of getting on top of it, I find exercise does wonders for the mind. I also worry too much about what people think…
- I did acting for a while, one short film- don’t look it up please.
- My working life before blogging: Graduated Visual Merchandising, worked as a casual at Jay Jays because I couldn’t land a fashion job in VM with no experience, then worked as a screws and nails merchandiser in Bunnings, landed a VM job at Hugo Boss, worked for a supermarket in their promotions department, started celebrity styling for the Logies (3 years and 3 years of best dressed girls in the newspapers, New Idea and TV) also styled a few editorials and runways, was a journalist for The Weekly Review, started my blog xo
- I am a good drawer and had my art exhibitioned after high school.
- I am an over protective parent, I still cut Aston’s grapes, don’t like leaving them with others and check on them while they sleep.
- You won’t catch me sun baking, one time in Singapore, I was so severely burnt all over, I couldn’t walk or wear clothes, my legs turned blue and it was just hell. Never. Again.
- I am pretty funny- ask my husband.
- I prefer to go to the corner of a room at an event than to mingle, I am actually just a bit shy in new situations and sometimes not to sure what to say- I think I should start drinking?
- But, I am super friendly, approachable (say hi if you see me!) and understanding, I like to be generous to my friends and loved ones and don’t expect much back, just niceness and not bitchyness, I don’t do bitchyness.
- My brother (Matthew 18m younger) and I coincidently had our first born boys a week apart and our second born boys three weeks apart!
- I love my husband and my children, they come first in everything I do, if an event doesn’t fit in with my home time or kids needs, I don’t go. If I can’t get a babysitter, I won’t take on a job, I know too well through going through anxiety, childbirth and the absolute happy times, that nothing else is worth it.
- One more for the road… husband is gonna kill me!!! Josh calls me Bonnie (Jessie-Bon-Bessie which got shortened to Bonnie) cringe! OMG where is that monkey closing eyes emoji!!! stat!!!!